Saturday, July 13, 2013

Dogs and Beaches

Yup...Summer is in full swing!  The garden is pumping out wonderful food and the heat wave last week had us scrambling to get all five dogs into the car and down to the shore.  No small feat!  We squished them all in there and found a bit of real estate for ourselves and headed down to gather seaweed and give the dogs some exercise.

There was only one family down there, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves, as usual.  (Gawd, I love Mendo!)  I know, I should have taken pix, but alas, I didn't. It was enough to get us all down the hill.  I don't think that I could have managed a camera, even an itty bitty one.  Anyway, you'll just have to imagine.  And if you know our pups, it won't be hard.  (I'll try to take pix and post again, later.)

Chaya and Kai Kai pounded into the brackish shore pond and swam and swam and SWAM.  The had races back and forth, seeing who could paddle the best and the hardest.  Tipsy did a go around, as did MJ.  Star even got in knee-deep and cooled off.  (Her arthritis holds her back.)  We headed down to the south side of the cove where the fresh Wakame comes ashore.  Every pooch helped us look for yummy Nori morsels in the tidal pools at the north end.  Then, it was off to the races.  Chaya (a pit bull) gave Kai Kai (a greyhound mix) a good run for her money. Everyone had a good roll in the sand and composting sea debris and each dog came back with a treasure of some sort.  Chaya found the best one...some rotten animal head...I'm guessing a beaver.

I don't know what all of this has to do with swimwear.  I suppose that I should be gabbing and drooling about the new 2014 swimwear lines coming out right now, but telling you about my laid back beach days just seems like the right thing to do.  The fashion talk can wait.

"Comon doggies...let's get in the car!"

~ C

No comments:

Post a Comment