Friday, July 26, 2013

MBFW Miami - Show Me More...

Another season of swimsuits has come and gone in South Beach.  The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week had their gala in Miami this week.  The booths are down, the runways dismantled...so what did we see as far as 2014 swimwear goes? 

OK, I have to admit that I did not attend this year, so maybe I missed something by not being there in person, and I'm probably a little jaded after being in this biz for so many years, but from what I've seen, the show was a lackluster event.  Sure, there was lots of hoopla, but the strong, swimwear style statements just weren't there, IMHO. We saw more of the same looks as the last couple of seasons. Repeats of repeats. Mainstream of mainstream.  I wanna see some new and clever swimwear designs!

Now,  I gotta say, the west coast labels, (as in Tori Praver, Acacia, Salt, Indah) are making more of a splash.  They're showing a lot more innovation and all have a fun, sexy, sunny attitude.  Bravo!  They're moving forward in a limited market...they're so courageous!  I noticed that many of them chose not to show in the MB show this season, but took a booth at Salon Allure instead, or are waiting to show their wares in CA.  Right on!  I'm anxiously waiting to see it all!

So, designers, don't settle for the same-old, same-old.  Show me more!  Hit us with your best shot!  I know that there are great swimwear designs out there and our customer do too.  When I find them, I'll be sure to post them here.

~ C

No comments:

Post a Comment